Blueberry Corn Bread
*Fructose Free, Gluten Free, No Artificial Colours, No Artificial Flavours, Nut Free, Preservative Free, Vegetarian, Wheat Free, Yeast Free
*Dependant on each individuals fructose intolerance levels
Blueberry corn bread is perfect for breakfast, an after-school snack or part of an afternoon tea.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
• 1 cup (125g) gluten-free plain flour
• 1 cup (170g) corn meal
• 3 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
• 60g butter, melted and cooled
• 150g blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 10cm x 22cm x 6cm loaf tin. Sift plain flour, corn meal and baking powder into a large bowl, stir in caster sugar then make a well in the centre.
2. Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold through blueberries.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave in tin 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool. Serve sliced and spread with butter and honey.
Tried this recipe? We`d love to hear your feedback. Please email us email@example.com
Recipe sourced from taste.com.au